5 steps to being more confident!
When I talk to women, one of the most common things that they struggle with is being more confident.
Here’s the thing about confidence—Every person in the world has at least ONE thing that they are NOT confident about.
Despite what we may have thought before but confidence is NOT a trait that people are born with. It’s not something you inherently get from your parents or grandparents.
Confidence is a FEELING that can be developed over time with practice and awareness.
Think about something that you are not confident about. Maybe its something that you haven’t even THOUGHT too much about and didn’t realize your lack of confidence in that area.
Most of the time we go through life, living with that lack of confidence because we are too confused and scared on how to overcome that confidence problem.
I have news for you though. You can OVERCOME it.
You can be confident in that area despite how your feeling now.
Here are some tips on how to be more confident in any area of your life:
1. Identify something that you lack confidence in.
2. Practice doing that thing to yourself.
3. Practice it some more.
4. Evaluate what you can do to help you with making that thing better.
5. Be patient and watch yourself grow and get more confident!
Let’s use an example from my own life and how I became more confident in an area of my business.
1. Going live on Instagram used to make me feel nervous, scared, and anxious.
2. I practiced my video skills by showing up consistently on Instagram stories doing mini-trainings and giving value there.
3. I recorded myself doing a live-like video even though I hadn’t pushed the live button yet!
4. I watched back those videos and noted things I could’ve done better as well as research this topic some more to improve.
5. Before I knew it, I hit the live button and with each live I do, my confidence grows more and more.
There you have it, a 5-step simple approach to help you with being more confident in any area of your life!
What is something you struggle with when it comes to confidence? Leave it in the comments!